Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Examining differences

Examining differences

I'm Caucasian and I live in a small village in Slovenia. I have a big family, one older brother and sister who are twins and I also have a twin sister. I am the youngest of them all and I have been treated as such despite only the five minute difference between me and my sister.


There are not many subgroups that I identify myself with. I am a book lover and I enjoy spending my life in the countryside rather than in the city. I have a cat but as soon as I have saved enough money I would love to get a husky. The only subgroup that pretty much defines me is the group of my co-workers who have been a beautiful constant in my life for the past nine years. I might also belong to the group of people who play table football in their free time and enjoy in occasional once a month drive on the passenger seat on a dirt bike.

2 comments:

  1. Based on your post, I think you and I have quite a lot of things in common. I too enjoy spending my life outside of the city and I think that huskies are awesome! :) I have also played table football a few times but I have proved to be absolutely horrible at it! You should teach me! :) And seeing as we have a few subgroups in common (such as being dog and book lovers), I think it would be really interesting to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our coworkers can certainly be an identity group, as our work often defines part of our lives. Factory workers can have enormous solidarity, for example, as can university professors, or any group proud of their work or their tradition.

    ReplyDelete